/ /

Restored Long Bed Pickup. Great for weekend hauling or local show.

Make: Chevrolet
Model: C-10
Type: Standard Cab Pickup
Trim: Mid-line
Year: 1970
Mileage: 149,160
Color: Yellow/White
Engine: 350 CI V-8
Cylinders: 8
Fuel: Gasoline
Transmission: 3-speed Manual
Drive type: RWD
Interior color: Yellow/Brown
Vehicle Title: Clear
Item location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

1970 Chevrolet C-10 Mid-line Additional Info:

Up for auction is my beloved 1970 Chevrolet C-10 long bed pickup. My father-in-law purchased this truck new in Decatur, Georgia, and it has been in this area ever since. He used this truck for commuting across Atlanta every day, as well as trips to North Carolina to visit relatives. Some years ago, he no longer needed it, and I needed a truck, so I bought it from him. I have used it as a week-end warrior ever since. It has mostly led a pampered life in my household. Sadly, I am now forced to sell it. My knees will not allow me to operate the clutch any longer, and we have realized that we need a truck with an extended cab, to be able to travel with our two dogs. It is with much regret that I give up this good-looking, good-running truck, with eight foot bed.
The truck is equipped with the original 350 ci V8 engine, with a three-speed manual transmission. It has factory air conditioning, headers, dual exhaust, and spoked “wagon” wheels.
A few years ago, it began to look a little tired. I decided to restore the truck. I pulled the engine, and had it properly machined, had a valve job done, and put in new pistons and rings. Since I have grown tired of engine paint peeling off, I had the entire engine block, manifold, valve covers, front cover, oil pan, and air cleaner powder coated. I also had the inner fender wells powder coated. I cleaned and repainted everything else. Since one of the exhaust manifolds was cracked, and a replacement manifold cost more than headers, I put on a set of long tube headers. I changed the refrigerant to R-134A, changing the oil in the compressor, changing to new hoses, and flushing the system. I also put in a POA valve replacement kit, so that the air now blows COLD. I put in a new wiring harness under the hood to get rid of the patched and cracked harness it had.
I cut out all of the rust that I could find, and welded in new sheet metal. This included the inside bottoms of both doors, a major rust-out area. I filled the bottom of both doors with seam sealer so that they would not rust out again. I also cleaned the sealer out of the rain gutter, cleaned the rust, and sealed the metal before installing new sealer. I replaced the damaged trim, and polished up and refurbished the rest. I had the truck painted by Maaco.
I repainted the entire interior, put in new upholstery, new arm rests, new chrome, and new rubber floor mat. The original green upholstery was not available, so I changed the color to brown. I did not grieve over the green being gone. It was extremely ugly. The brown looks nice with the yellow paint. I put in a new instrument bezel, and cleaned and refurbished the instruments.
Finally, I put in a color-matched Rhino lining in the bed.
Since then, I have continued to use the truck for occasional week-end hauling, so it has received a few bumps and bruises, but the truck still looks good. There is one small spot of rust in the lower corner of the passenger door on the outside. It still draws admiring stares, and positive comments. It is not a show truck, but could be one without a lot of additional work. I didn’t build it for show, just for work.
Come get this lovely truck. You will enjoy it for years to come.